Availability and Access
From CLEW Wiki
In this article:
- Overview Availability and Access
- Showing or Hiding the Resource
- Detailed Descriptors
Overview Availability and Access
This set of options appears under several functions for the Resources tool. To see the options, click Add Details for this Item.
The "Availability and Access"options, determines who can access the file, URL, folder, Citation List, HTML page, or Text Document, and when it's available to those selected to see it.
Options are as follows:
- To display the resource to site members only, select Only members of this site can see this file. (This option is not available if the folder to which you're adding the resource is publicly viewable.)
- To share the resource with another site to which you belong (e.g., as an attachment to a syllabus item for another course or project you're leading), select This file is publicly viewable. (This option is not available if the folder to which you're adding the resource is publicly viewable.)
- To display the resource only to selected groups, select Display this file to selected groups only, and then select the group(s) that should have access. (This option does not appear if you don't have any groups in your site; for more information about setting up groups, see the Manage Groups or Sections articles.)
Showing or Hiding the Resource
- To show or hide your resource, or set a beginning and/or ending date for its visibility, click the appropriate selections. (This option does not appear when you're adding an item to "Resources" in My Workspace.) Site administrators will always be able to see hidden items, even when they are hidden from other users.
Undoing an Ending Date to Make a Resources Item Visible Again
You can set beginning and ending dates for items in your site's Resources. If an item with an ending date is no longer visible and you'd like to make it available again:
- In your site's left menu, click "Resources".
- Find the resource you'd like to make available, and next to its name, from the Actions menu, choose Edit Details.
- In the window that opens, under "Availability and Access", select Show this item. You can reset beginning and ending dates, if desired.
- When you're finished, click Update.
- To add detailed descriptors, click Optional properties. You can then add information to the following fields:
- Alternate Title
- Subject and Keywords
- Date Created
- Date Issued
- Audience Education Level
See the Resources article for more information.
Articles that also relate to the Category:Resources: