From CLEW Wiki
Submit an Assignment:
- In the course site left-hand menu, click Assignments in the Assessment section. You will see the "Assignments" home page with the list of Assignments.
- In the Assignment List, find the assignment you want to complete and select its name.
- After selecting the desired assignment, specific details about it such as Due Date, Status, Grade Scale, Instructions would be visible. You can also see any attached instructions or model answers under Additional Resources for assignment. To open any attachment, click on the attached file name.
- Your instructor may want you to submit your assignment by attaching a file or by typing into the Assignment text box or both. You will see only the option(s) permitted. To type into the Assignments text box, type your material and use the icons and drop-down lists of the Rich Text Editor to format the text as necessary. If you wish, you may type your assignment in a word processing program such as Microsoft Word and copy and paste it into the Assignments text box.
- If you paste from Word, be sure to use the Paste from Word icon to paste.
- The spell check function does not work yet. There are spell checking options available on the internet.
- Save your work frequently by selecting the Save Draft button at the bottom of the screen. After 30 minutes of inactivity, CLEW will automatically log you out. Typing is not considered activity. Be sure to save often!
- If you are going to submit a document that you have worked on and saved on your computer, select the Browse button in the Attachments section. Find the file you want to attach to your assignment and open it. As soon as the file is attached, it would be visible under attachments. Note that it can me removed by selecting Remove next to the file name.
- If you see the Honour Pledge near the bottom of the screen, you must place a check in the box prior to submitting your assignment.
- Select the Submit button to submit your assignment. You cannot revise the assignment once you have submitted it.
- You can view any assignment you have submitted even though you cannot edit it. In the list of assignments, click on the name of the assignment. You will see your submission.
Note: If you have clicked Save draft, remember to return to the assignment and click Submit to submit the assignment to the instructor before the required due date.
Re-Submitting an Assignment:
Once you have submitted an assignment, you cannot edit or make additions to the submission unless your professor (or the professor’s assistant) returns the assignment to you and has given you permission to resubmit through CLEW. If you have been allowed to resubmit an assignment, when you select the assignment from the list of Assignments, you will see “Resubmit” in red near the top of the screen.
You may change, add or remove any part of your submission. When you are finished, select Resubmit. Your professor will see your new submission as well as your original submission.
Checking a grade on an assignment
To check your grade on an assignment:
- In the left menu, click Assignments. When the Assignments page appears, you'll see the the title of your assignment and information about its status.
- Click the title of the assignment for more details. You'll see when your assignment was graded as well as the original instructions. Your instructor may have added comments to the text that you submitted. They may appear as red text within the text that you submitted, or separately below. If your instructor left additional comments, they will be at the bottom of the page. You may need to scroll down to see them. In addition, your instructor may have added an attachment (or attachments). You will see these below the instructor comments.
- Click Back to list to return to the main Assignments page.
You may need to take further action (e.g., if your instructor has made suggestions and asked you to resubmit the assignment). After you've done the needed work, you can preview your changes, resubmit your assignment, or save it as a draft.
Remember to complete your assignment by clicking Submit or Resubmit (if applicable) by any deadlines, as those saved as draft are not considered submitted.