Creating a Student Folder in Resources
From CLEW Wiki
Instructors can create a folder for students to upload items to the Resources tool. This can be a useful way for students to share their work with others in the site.
Any regular folder in the Resources tool can be modified to allow students to add items to it by editing the folder permissions. Folders can also be limited to only allow access to individuals in specific groups set-up through Manage Groups.
Here are the steps for an instructor to create a folder for students to add items too.
Creating a Folder
- In the Resources tool click Add button beside the main folder or sub-folder you would like the create the new folder in and choose "Create Folders"
- Give the folder a name
- Click Create Folders Now
- Next to the folder in which you want to manage permissions,from the Actions menu, choose Edit Folder Permissions.
- Check or the boxes to grant the permissions based on participant role. To allow students to add their own items and only modify their own items:
- Create Resources: Add new resources
- Read Resources: View and download resources
- Edit own resources: Modify own resources
- Delete own resources: Remove own resources
- Click Save. To change your selection, click Cancel.
Direct Student to Add Items to The Folder
Instructors can direct students to this article for Adding a File for Viewing or Downloading.