How to Add Tools
From CLEW Wiki
In this article:
- Adding or Removing Tools in from Your Site
- Site Mailing List, News or Web Content Features
Overview Edit Tools
The Edit Tools function of the Site Editor tool allows a site owner or instructor to add or remove tools from the site. For example, if you do not want your students to see the Lessons tool, you can remove the Lessons tool from your course site. But if you want them to use a Wiki, you can easily add the Wiki tool to your site.
Note: To complete these procedures, you must be assigned a role having the necessary permissions. To determine your role, follow the directions in Participant roles. For a basic understanding of roles and permissions, see Permissions and Roles.
Edit Tools Basics
You can quickly and easily add CLEW tools to your site using the Site Editor tool.
- In your CLEW site, select Site Editor on the left-hand menu.
- On the grey “Site Editor” menu bar, select Edit Tools.
- Select the check box beside the tool(s) you want to add to your site. A check mark will appear in the box.
- Select the Continue button at the bottom of the page. You will see a confirmation screen.
- Select the Finish button at the bottom of the page to add the tool(s).