From CLEW Wiki
University of Windsor - Blackboard Help
Welcome to the University of Windsor's Blackboard Help articles!
Below you will find a collection of articles, FAQ's, and known issues for Blackboard.
Ask for Help
Are you needing assistance with a Blackboard issue? Please login and submit a ITS Service Request and you will be directed to someone who can help you with a specific issue. A quick link to the request help form is at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbhelp.
First of all, is your browser able to support you accessing Blackboard?
Check it out, by clicking the link to the online browser checker . You can also add this quick link into your course site if you are an instructor - http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbchecker. Note, Chrome will no longer be supporting java applet functionality as of September 2015, therefore, it is recommended that you use Firefox instead. Safari and Internet Explorer are also supported, but may have some issues.
If you wish to login to Blackboard you can use this link:
Quick Start Guide
If you want to have a brief, step-by-step, checklist for the most commonly used functions for instructors, please visit the Bb Quick Start Guide wiki article or the Printable pdf version.
For more complex tasks, please see the topic list below with associated links.
Instructor and Assistant's Blackboard Training
Please visit http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbworkshops to see what current training events are offered. Additionally, once you log into Blackboard, view Blackboard campus training options by selecting the Training tab at the top of the screen along side the Courses, Home and Organizations tab. There are face-to-face sessions in addition to online courses, and video supports at Lynda.com for staff and faculty.
Blackboard A-Z Articles for Instructors
The most popular articles for instructors are listed below:
- Instructors - Starter Strategies
- Instructor's Quick Start Guide- printable pdf file
- Import Content from CLEW
- Exporting and Importing between Courses (video 7:54)
- Import to Grade Center(Scantron)
- Transfer Grades to eGrade from Blackboard
- Adaptive Release
- Add attachments in Announcements Options
- Assignments - Blackboard help page
- Assignments - Creating and Marking
- Auto-Groups (Sections)
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Communication Tools
- Content Editor
- Course Availability
- Course Content
- Course Customization
- Course Messages
- Course Navigation
- Course Structures - Selecting
- Date Management
- Delegated Grading - Assignments
- Digital Learning Resources Policy
- eGrade from Blackboard
- Import to Grade Center(Scantron)
- File Attachments
- Grade Centre
- Lesson Course Structure
- Grade Assignments - Inline - Crocodocs
- Import to Grade Centre (Scantron Results)
- Managing Sections
- Manage Users
- Plagiarism Prevention
- Rubrics-Blackboard Help Pages
- Rubrics - Tips and Tricks
- SafeAssign in Assignments
- SafeAssign: Tips for Using and Interpretting Reports
- Student Performance
- Student Preview Tool
- Tests, Surveys and Pools
- Resources - See Creating Content
- Sections - See Groups
- Site Editor - See Customization
- Site Stats - See Course Reports
- Syllabus - See Create Content
- Web Content - See Create Content
- Video Uploading / Linking
- Video Playlist - All - Blackboard Learn - For Instructors
- Video Playlist - Assessing Learners in Blackboard Learn
- Video Playlist - Building Your Course
- Video Playlist - Communication & Collaboration
- Video Playlist - Data, Reporting & Reuse
- Virtual Classroom - Blackboard Collaborate
Instructor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Getting Sites Ready Questions
- How do I get a course site?
- Is there a downloadable pdf instructor guide to refer to for common issues?
- Is there a list of videos, which contain materials just to get started with Bb at UWindsor?
- How do I clean up my course list? It is getting huge! (video 4:21)
- Export or Import Between Course sites (video 7:54)
- How do I add TAs or other Instructors to my course?
- How do I use my previous Blackboard site materials in a new course shell?
- How do I make my site available for students?
- Is there a Start of Semester checklist anywhere?
- CLEW / Blackboard Tool Comparison
- How do I get an Organization (non-course) site?
- Where do I find some help about Copyright?
- Is there a policy about using digital resources in my course that students have to pay for?
- How do I hide unneeded courses?
Grading Questions (Grade Centre, Assignments, Tests)
- Avoiding Grade Centre Gaffes, Goof-ups, and Gripes
- How do I import Scantron files into the Grade Centre
- How do I export from Blackboard to eGrade?
- Is there a quick tip sheet for simple grading scenarios?
- How do I curve grades in Blackboard?
- How do I grade assignment submissions and use the online editor?
- I miss the Download / Upload All function in CLEW! What else is available?
- How do I avoid problems when using Delegated Grading?
- How do I add an extra credit mark into my Grade Centre?
- How do I resolve student issues with Tests?
- How do I upload grades from a spreadsheet?
- Why can't my students see the grades or feedback I left for them?
- How do I access existing graded assignments as I have to regrade one?
- Why can't I see a scroll bar in the Grade Centre using my Mac?
- How can I make better use of a survey's results than what the Attemps Statistics option provides?
Groupwork Goodies and Gripes
End of Semester Questions
Blackboard Articles for Students
- Getting Started
- Discussion Board
- My Grades
- My Blackboard
- Personal Information
- How do I use the Text Editor?
- UWindsor Students Using Blackboard - Video (4:02)