COVID-19 Preparedness Workshops
Instructors (and assistants)! Get Help During the Disruption
We are there to support you getting your classes online!
- 1 Join us in the Bb Cafe Virtual Classroom - Drop-in Sessions
- 2 Having Trouble with Blackboard? Submit a Ticket
- 3 GATA Support
- 4 Remote Teaching Support/Tutorials
- 5 Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
- 6 Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboard
Join us in the Bb Cafe Virtual Classroom - Drop-in Sessions
If you're looking for virtual help, join us in the BB Cafe virtual classroom:
8:00 am -9:00 pm (Monday-Friday during exam weeks), weekends 10 am -2 pm until further notice (subject to change - please check this page often)
If that link doesn't work, click here to enter as a guest
The best experience will be if you have a microphone, speakers and reliable internet. Webcam is optional.
- If you are having trouble getting into the session, please make sure you are using Google Chrome
- If you are still having trouble, check that you are allowing cookies: enter chrome://settings/content/cookies?search=cookies into your browser.
- Click Add beside Allow (toward the bottom of the screen).
- Then enter "ca-lti.bbcollab.com" and click Add.
- This allows your browser to accept cookies and local storage from the Collaborate server.
- You won't need to restart your browser, but you will need to re-click the Collaborate link.
Having Trouble with Blackboard? Submit a Ticket
Submit a Service Request ticket if you have a problem with Blackboard or need your questions answered. Login at HTTP://www.uwindsor.ca/bbhelp Please avoid emailing CTL or OOL staff directly, as this may delay you getting your questions answered or problems solved regarding Blackboard. Instead, submit the ticket and one of the team members will reply to your concerns as quickly as possible.
GATA Network Coordinators, Laura Chittle and Elizabeth Ismail, will be holding virtual drop-in office hours at the following times through Blackboard Collaborate to answer questions that you may have about online teaching:
- Tuesday, March 31st from 9:00am-10:00am and 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Wednesday, April 1st from 9:00am-10:00am and 11:30am-12:30pm
- Thursday, April 2nd from 11:30-12:30pm and 1:00-2:00pm
- Friday, April 3rd from 12:30pm-1:30pm
To access these GATA virtual office hours, click this link: https://ca.bbcollab.com/guest/7993944146824cda8e24e344d6dd2115
After selecting the link, click ‘join room’.
If you cannot make these drop-in office hours, we are also available for individual meetings. To set-up an individual meeting, please email Laura or Elizabeth at chittlel@uwindsor. ca or firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a brief description of the questions that you have to ensure we can best support you.
Remote Teaching Support/Tutorials
Tutorials for the Virtual Classroom on Blackboard
- getting started and accessing the virtual classroom
- setting up audio, video, and recording
- using the tools (chat, screen sharing, etc.)
- importing the student tutorials into your Blackboard site
- Integrating using an iPad with Collaborate for annotating
Tutorials for Recording PowerPoint
- recording your PowerPoint presentation and uploading to Stream
- doing a screen capture video using PowerPoint
Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
Blackboard is offering free 30-minute webinars designed for those who are new to the Blackboard Learn or Collaborate environment and need to make a transition to deliver instruction remotely. A webinar is also being offered on how to design your content so that it is mobile friendly. Click on the link below to register and to find more information about the specific workshops.
Recordings of these sessions are also available.
Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboard
https://blackboard.uwindsor.ca and view the newly registered course through the Courses tab. Allow for at least an hour to sync from the registration system to Blackboard.
- Check out the self-paced non-facilitated courses at the registration page at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbonline.
Back to the Disruptions in Classes page
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Disruptions to Classes