Charles's other page
- 1 How to Edit and Regrade a Question on Blackboard
How to Edit and Regrade a Question on Blackboard
Mistakes will happen and the need to Edit and Regrade a Question from a test on Blackboard will be necessary. In order to do this, we must first access the Grade Center...
Accessing the Grade Center
When you log into Blackboard and access your course, you will first need to enter the grade center. You can find the grade center using these steps:
- On the Course Menu on the left side of your Blackboard Course.
- Under the Course Management section and select Grade Center.
- A drop-down menu should appear and you can select Full Grade Center.
Locating the Grade Center
After selecting Full Grade Centre, you will see a page with a grid that holds all the students registered in your course as rows and a column for every test, Assessment, or Content you have made in your course.
- Use the slider at the bottom of the grid to locate the Test Column that you wish to Edit or Regrade.
- Once the column is found, Next to the name of the Test, select the chevron / the gray circle with a down arrow to access the drop-down menu.
- Then select Edit Test.
Editing the Test
After selecting Edit Test, you will be brought to the test canvas. If students have already attempted the test, the following changes can be made:
- Textual changes to the questions and answers.
- Changing answer selections.
- Deleting questions.
- Changing Point Values.
- Designating questions as Extra Credit.
- Giving credit to all students who attempted a question.
To change the answer or choices of a test question, you can click the chevron / the gray circle with a down arrow, next to the test question you wish to change, and select Edit from the drop-down menu that appears.
Editing a Test Question
After selecting edit, you will be brought the page you used when you first created this question. Here you can edit the question or the answer. Here you will also be able to edit any options you would like to set for the particular question.
Once your changes have been made, click the button labeled Submit and Update Attempts at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
Deleting a Test Question
You will now be taken to the test canvas.
To delete a test question to change answer text or answer choices, click the chevron / the gray circle with a down arrow, next to the test question, and select Delete and Regrade from the drop-down menu that appears.
Changing the Point Value for a Single Question
To change the point value for a single question, locate the question you wish to change the point value for, and click on the point value text field in the upper right-hand corner of the question.
After clicking the point value, you will see a dialog box similar to the image on the page:
- Update Points: Type in the desired point value to update the point value for the question.
- Extra Credit: Check this box to designate the question as extra credit.
- Full Credit: Check this box to award all students the total point value for the question.
- When finished, click the Submit and Regrade button to apply the changes.
Changing the Point Value for Multiple Questions
To update the point values for multiple questions:
- Check the checkboxes next to the questions you wish to change the point values for or click the Select All link at the top to select all questions.
- Points: Enter the desired point value for each question here.
- When finished, click the Update and Regrade button
*Seperately, If you wish to delete multiple questions, just select the checkbox next to the question, and hit the Delete and Regrade button at the top left.*
Confirmation of Regrading
After submitting any changes, you will see a dialog box similar to the image. The wording will change based on the specific action being performed. Click OK to continue with the changes.