- 1 How to Edit and Regrade a Question on Blackboard
How to Edit and Regrade a Question on Blackboard
Mistakes will happen when creating and deploying a test. As a result, the need to edit and regrade a question from a test on Blackboard will be necessary. In order to do this, please follow the appropriate steps below.
When you log into Blackboard and access your course, you will first need to enter the Grade Center. You can find the Grade Center using these steps:
- On the left side of your Blackboard Course, find the Course Menu.
- Under the Course Management section, select Grade Center.
- A drop-down menu should appear and you can select Full Grade Center.
Locating the Grade Center
After selecting the Full Grade Centre, you will be brought to a page with a grid that holds all the students currently registered in your course as rows. It will also show every test, assessment, and content you have made in your course as a separate column.
- Use the gray slider at the bottom of the grid to locate the test column that you wish to edit or regrade.
- Once the column is found, next to the name of the test, select the chevron (gray circle with a down arrow) to access the drop-down menu.
- Then select Edit Test.
Editing the Test
After selecting Edit Test, you will be brought to the test canvas. If students have already attempted the test, the following changes can be made:
- Textual changes to the questions and answers
- Changing answer selections
- Deleting questions
- Changing point values
- Designating questions as extra credit
- Giving credit to all students who attempted a question
To change the answer of a test question or the various choices, you can click the chevron (gray circle with a down arrow) next to the test question you wish to change. Then select Edit from the drop-down menu that appears.
Editing a Test Question
After selecting Edit, you will be brought to the page you first encountered when you created this question. Here you can edit the question or the answer, including editing any options you would like to set for the particular question.
Once your changes have been made, click the button labeled Submit and Update Attempts at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
Deleting a Test Question
Within the test canvas, to delete a test question or to change the answers, click the chevron (gray circle with a down arrow) next to the test question, and select Delete and Regrade from the drop-down menu that appears.
Changing the Point Value for a Single Question
To change the point value for a single question, locate the question you wish to change the point value for, then select point value text field in the upper right-hand corner of the question.
After clicking the point value, you will see a dialog box similar to the image of Part 2 below:
- Update Points: Type in the desired point value to update the point value for the question.
- Extra Credit: Check this box to designate the question as extra credit.
- Full Credit: Check this box to award all students the total point value for the question.
- When finished, click the Submit and Regrade button to apply the changes.
Changing the Point Value for Multiple Questions
To update the point values for multiple questions:
- Check the checkboxes next to the questions you wish to change the point values for or click the Select All link at the top to select all questions.
- Points: Enter the desired point value for each question here.
- When finished, select the Update and Regrade button.
*Similarly, If you wish to delete multiple questions, just select the checkbox next to the question, and hit the Delete and Regrade button at the top left.*
Confirmation of Regrading
After changing the point value of a question, you will see a dialog box similar to the image below. The wording will change based on the specific action being performed. Click OK to continue with the changes.