Sessional Instructor Support
Welcome and congratulations on your position with the University of Windsor. We are very happy to share with you some available teaching support resources.
This page is a new resource that we are continuously improving. If you have any feedback, please fill out the Sessional Instructor Wiki Page Survey
- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Getting Ready to Teach Online
- 3 Planning and Managing Your Course
- 4 Online Support
- 5 Support for Your Teaching Assistants
- 6 Support for Your Students
- 7 Professional Development Support
- Note: If you do not have a UWinID yet, but would like help with Blackboard, a temporary Friend Account can be requested and added to a Blackboard site until your UWin account is active. You will need to have someone from the university sponsor the account, so check with your department for a sponsor.
- If you are having difficulty accessing any support (e.g. logging in and submitting a Service Request due to the fact that you don't have a user ID), please submit a ticket at http://www.uwindsor.ca/ticket
- ▢ Check that your contract has been processed and that all your recorded information is correct by visiting My UWinfo
- ▢ Get started with your technology needs with IT Services
- ▢ Review University of Windsor’s Policies and Procedures
- ▢ Find important dates and events using the Academic Calendar
- ▢ Use the UWindsor Directory to search for faculty/staff contact information
- ▢ Visit the Campus Community Network for services and Supports to help you in your work at UWindsor
- ▢ Become familiar with Commonly Used Acronyms
Getting Ready to Teach Online
All courses are moving online for this term, during a time of great upheaval. We encourage instructors to focus on simplicity and to remember compassion for your students and yourselves as we all face these transitions. Our teams have developed resources to support instructors in teaching and learning online with new resources constantly added.
- Teaching Online
- Tutorials for Blackboard Virtual Classroom and Recording PowerPoints
- Essential Blackboard Videos and Articles
Blackboard Developmental Workshops
Blackboard is the learning management system used at the University of Windsor. Instructors can sign up for one or more online interactive sessions to explore themes and functionality available on Blackboard to support student learning.
- Upcoming Workshops
- Self-paced Online Courses
- Visit recent webinars held in August 2020 for Sessional Saturday with 5 videos breaking down the most important topics a Sessional Instructor might need to know regarding using Blackboard.
Planning and Managing Your Course
Creating Your Course
- Learning Outcomes:
- Resources for writing learning outcomes
- Find your program and course senate approved learning outcomes using the Curriculum Mapping tool (CuMa). Instructions for using CuMa.
- Course Planning and Redesign
- Syllabus/Course outline
- Academic Integrity
- Grading and Assessment Criteria
Tools and Software
- Visit the Bb Cafe Virtual Help Desk - Drop-in Sessions through Blackboard or enter as a Guest
- Submit a Blackboard Ticket
Support for Your Teaching Assistants
- The GATA Network offers large-scale professional development events to current and prospective GAs/TAs.
- Introduction to Blackboard Learn for GAs and TAs
Support for Your Students
Professional Development Support
- University of Windsor - CTL Travel Grant
- University of Windsor - Tuition Waiver
- Windsor University Faculty Association (WUFA)- Information for Sessionals
- R.7 Information Technology and Professional Development Assistance Account
- LinkedIn Learning
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Sessional Instructor