- 1 Browser Notification
- 2 How to turn on the notification in BB Collab Session
- 3 Blackboard Notifications
- 4 Enable browser permission to send notifications (Chrome)
- 5 Enable browser permission to send notifications (Firefox)
- 6 Allow Third Party Cookies
- 7 Overview
- 8 Google Chrome
- 9 Mozilla Firefox
- 10 Creating a Course Copy
- 11 Steps
If you are having issues with getting notifications on Blackboard, here are a few ways of fixing it.
How to turn on the notification in BB Collab Session
If the above Notification on BB Collab does not work, please try the following below:
Enable browser permission to send notifications (Chrome)
Enable browser permission to send notifications (Firefox)
Allow Third Party Cookies
First-party cookies are created by the site one visits. The site is shown in the address bar. Third-party cookies are created by other sites. These sites own some of the content, that you see on the webpage you visit.
- 1. On your computer, open Chrome.
- 2. Then go to blackboard.ca
- 3. At the top right, click More.
- 4. Then click “Settings”.
- 5. Click on "Settings" (i) on the top left. Under “Privacy and security” (ii)
- 6. Click on “Cookies and other side data”.
- 8. Enter the web address. Enter IP address or web address that does not start with http://. .
- 9. Select “Add”.
Note: to remove an exception you do not want anymore, to the right of the website, click More than “Remove”
If you require more aid please feel free to visit the following link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- 1. On your computer open Mozilla Firefox.
- 2. Go to blackboard.uwindsor.ca
- 3. Toggle the switch at the top of the panel.
If you require more aid please feel free to visit the following link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
Creating a Course Copy
Course Copy is utilized to bring previously used material or existing material into a new course, creating a course in the system. The course menu specified in the source course will update the default menu in the new desired course.
- 1. Make sure the Edit Mode is on.
- 2. Click on the Control Panel.
- 3. Click on Packages and Utilities section.
- 4. Click on Course Copy.
- 5 Maintain the Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course option.
- 6. Enter in Destination Course ID.
- 7. Select the appropriate option of the parts of the course one wishes to copy over.
- 8. Select the Course Files attachment option to copy your course's material over.
- 9. Select how you will select users to enroll in the course.
10. Click submit when you feel comfortable and have followed the steps confidently.
If you require more detail or clarification, please visit the link here: