- 1 Troubleshooting Guide for Blackboard Collaborate
- 2 How to turn on the notification in BB Collab Session
- 3 Blackboard Notifications
- 4 Enable browser permission to send notifications (Chrome)
- 5 Enable browser permission to send notifications (Firefox)
Troubleshooting Guide for Blackboard Collaborate
This guide will cover some of the common Blackboard Collaborate issues encountered by students and faculty and their solutions to ensure you are receiving the best experience. If you are unable to find the information for which you are looking for, please reach out to our helpdesk with a Service Request.
- Audio and Video Issues
- Application Sharing Issues
- Browser Notification Settings
- Collaborate Connection Error (Purple Wheel)
Audio and Video Issues
Application Sharing Issues
Browser Notification Settings
If you are having issues with getting notifications on Blackboard, here are a few troubleshooting ideas for fixing it.
How to turn on the notification in BB Collab Session
- 1.) Go to where you have your virtual classroom setup and join the session.
- 2.) Click on the gear symbol.
- 3.) Click on the Notification Setting.
- 4.) Review the notification settings and see what is missing.
If the above Notification on BB Collab does not work, please try the following below:
- 1.) Go to the notifications bar at the top right.
- 2.) Click on "Settings".
- 3.) Click on "Edit Notification Settings".
- 4.) Click on "Courses I am Taking".
- 5.) Review the email or mobile number and make sure they are correct.
- 6.) Review the course that receives notifications and select accordingly what you need. Then click submit.
Enable browser permission to send notifications (Chrome)
- 1.) Click on the 3 dots on the top right of your browser then go to "Settings".
- 2.) Click on "Site Settings".
- 3.) Click on "Notifications".
- 4.) Go to "Allow" and click "Add". Then type the blackboard link.
Enable browser permission to send notifications (Firefox)
- 1.) Click on the bar on the top right of the browser.
- 2.) Click on "Options".
- 3.) Click on "Privacy & Security".
- 4.) Scroll down to the "Permission" section and click on "Settings".
- 5.) Add the name of the website you want notifications to be added and click "Allow".