Difference between revisions of "COVID-19 Preparedness Workshops"
(→If you're looking for virtual help, join us in the BB Cafe virtual classroom from 9am-8pm daily.)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
== GATA Support ==
== GATA Support ==
Revision as of 17:48, 18 March 2020
- 1 Workshops and Drop-in Sessions to Facilitate Online Preparedness for Disruptions to Classes
- 1.1 If you're looking for virtual help, join us in the BB Cafe virtual classroom from 9am-8pm daily.
- 1.2 GATA Support
- 1.3 Remote Teaching Support
- 1.4 Basics of Online Teaching
- 1.5 Blackboard University of Windsor One-on-One Training
- 1.6 Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
- 1.7 Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboard
Workshops and Drop-in Sessions to Facilitate Online Preparedness for Disruptions to Classes
If you're looking for virtual help, join us in the BB Cafe virtual classroom from 9am-8pm daily.
- if that link doesn't work, click here to enter as a guest
GATA Network Coordinators, Laura Chittle and Elizabeth Ismail, will be holding virtual drop-in office hours at the following times through Blackboard Collaborate to answer questions that you may have about online teaching:
• Monday, March 16th from 3-4pm and 6-7pm
• Tuesday, March 17th from 10-11am and 1-2pm
• Wednesday, March 18th from 10-11am and 3-4pm
• Additional office hours to be announced Thursday.
Remote Teaching Support
- Find help with the virtual classroom and other changes to your teaching, staff will be available for help 9am-5pm daily on the BB Cafe (if the link doesn't work, go to your Blackboard Organizations > BB Cafe > Virtual Classroom)
Tutorials for the virtual classroom on Blackboard
- getting started and accessing the virtual classroom
- setting up audio, video, and recording
- using the tools (chat, screen sharing, etc.)
- importing the student tutorials into your Blackboard site
Tutorials for recording PowerPoint
- recording your PowerPoint presentation and uploading to Stream
- doing a screen capture video using PowerPoint
Basics of Online Teaching
The Office of Open Learning is hosting a series of drop-in sessions to help instructors with getting prepared to offer all or parts of their course in an online, or hybrid mode.
- Register for upcoming sessions at Office of Open Learning's registration site. Drop-in sessions will be held in CEI 2263, March 11 – April 03, 2020,
Monday–Friday, 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM. Access this location at 700 California Ave, and come to the second floor.
Blackboard University of Windsor One-on-One Training
Book a session with a member of the CTL-LMS Team to get support with using all of Blackboard's tools to assist your online teaching needs. You can either have a face-to-face consultation or a virtual consultation providing you have speakers, a robust internet connection, microphone and a connected device.
- Check out the times and links available at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbworkshops.
Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
Blackboard is offering free 30-minute webinars designed for those who are new to the Blackboard Learn or Collaborate environment and need to make a transition to deliver instruction remotely. A webinar is also being offered on how to design your content so that it is mobile friendly. Click on the link below to register and to find more information about the specific workshops.https://go.blackboard.com/Instructor-webinar-series
Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboardhttps://blackboard.uwindsor.ca and view the newly registered course through the Courses tab. Allow for at least an hour to sync from the registration system to Blackboard.
- Check out the self-paced non-facilitated courses at the registration page at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbonline.
Back to the Disruptions in Classes page
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Disruptions to Classes