COVID-19 Preparedness Workshops
- 1 Getting Help During the Disruption
- 1.1 GATA Support
- 1.2 Remote Teaching Support
- 1.3 Basics of Online Teaching
- 1.4 Blackboard University of Windsor One-on-One Training
- 1.5 Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
- 1.6 Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboard
Getting Help During the Disruption
If you're looking for virtual help, join us in the BB Cafe virtual classroom with the following schedule.
Wednesday March 18 9:00am-9:00pm
Thursday March 19 9:00am-9:00pm
Friday March 20 9:00am-9:00pm
Saturday March 21 12:00pm-5:00pm
Sunday March 22 12:00pm-5:00pm
Monday March 23 and onward 9:00-4:30pm (Monday-Friday)
If that link doesn't work, click here to enter as a guest
- If you are having trouble getting into the session, please make sure you are using Google Chrome
- If you are still having trouble, check that you are allowing cookies: enter chrome://settings/content/cookies?search=cookies into your browser.
- Click Add beside Allow (toward the bottom of the screen).
- Then enter "ca.lti.bbcollab.com" and click Add.
- This allows your browser to accept cookies and local storage from the Collaborate server.
- You won't need to restart your browser, but you will need to re-click the Collaborate link.
GATA Network Coordinators, Laura Chittle and Elizabeth Ismail, will be holding virtual drop-in office hours at the following times through Blackboard Collaborate to answer questions that you may have about online teaching:
• Monday, March 16th from 3-4pm and 6-7pm
• Tuesday, March 17th from 10-11am and 1-2pm
• Wednesday, March 18th from 10-11am and 3-4pm
• Additional office hours to be announced Thursday.
Remote Teaching Support
Tutorials for the virtual classroom on Blackboard
- getting started and accessing the virtual classroom
- setting up audio, video, and recording
- using the tools (chat, screen sharing, etc.)
- importing the student tutorials into your Blackboard site
Tutorials for recording PowerPoint
- recording your PowerPoint presentation and uploading to Stream
- doing a screen capture video using PowerPoint
Basics of Online Teaching
See above for how to get help with online teaching and learning.
Blackboard University of Windsor One-on-One Training
Book a session with a member of the CTL-LMS Team to get support with using all of Blackboard's tools to assist your online teaching needs. You can either have a face-to-face consultation or a virtual consultation providing you have speakers, a robust internet connection, microphone and a connected device.
- Check out the times and links available at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbworkshops.
Blackboard (Vendor) Run Training
Blackboard is offering free 30-minute webinars designed for those who are new to the Blackboard Learn or Collaborate environment and need to make a transition to deliver instruction remotely. A webinar is also being offered on how to design your content so that it is mobile friendly. Click on the link below to register and to find more information about the specific workshops.https://go.blackboard.com/Instructor-webinar-series
Online Self-paced Courses to Learn How to Use Blackboardhttps://blackboard.uwindsor.ca and view the newly registered course through the Courses tab. Allow for at least an hour to sync from the registration system to Blackboard.
- Check out the self-paced non-facilitated courses at the registration page at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbonline.
Back to the Disruptions in Classes page
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Disruptions to Classes