Difference between revisions of "CTL"
m (1 revision imported)
Revision as of 17:23, 15 June 2016
Centre for Teaching and Learning Location
Click the image to enlarge the campus map indicating where Lambton Tower is located.
|Centre for Teaching and Learning|
About the Centre for Teaching and Learning
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) can be found in Lambton Tower (Basement, 1st floor and 2nd floor).
The CTL currently provides individual consultations and group workshops about issues related to teaching and learning in higher education. Consulting the CTL can enhance instructor's curriculum design and use of assessments, learning management systems and teaching strategies in and outside classroom.
The CTL works in partnership with academic departments, faculty members, staff and students to enhance the practice, culture and scholarship of teaching and learning, and to provide support for the integration of technologies that enhance learning at the University of Windsor.
- To facilitate and provide opportunities for professional development among faculty, graduate student and staff based on the understanding that we are all "works in progress."
- To foster an increasingly learning-centred culture on campus, for example by identifying, tracking, assessing, valuing, and celebrating the achievement of learning outcomes.
- Through collaborative innovation with other departments and faculty, to innovate, diversify, and use technology wisely, including through e-learning, learning management systems, distributed learning, instructional technology, and distance education.
- To celebrate success in teaching and learning and promote the importance of teaching and learning at the University of Windsor, both on campus and beyond,
- To promote critical reflection on pedagogical practice, and to revisit teaching evaluation, honouring the essential distinction between formative and summative evaluation.
- To focus on people and programs that engage with the rich diversity of learners and teachers and consistently promote inclusive practice.
Contact the CTL
Below are some of the ways to contact CTL staff:
- visit our web site at www.uwindsor.ca/ctl
- call (519) 253-3000 ext. 3090 to inquire about any specific questions
- CTL Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (519) 971-3693
- Drop by the CTL offices located in Lambton Tower
- For audio-visual technical assistance, please contact the AV Office at ext. 3051.
- For media and equipment booking, please contact the Media Coordinator at ext. 3044
- To contact the CLEW team for answers to questions not found in the Wiki, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget our FAQ is always available in case your question has been asked before.