Eric J's page
Discussion boards are a handy tool incorporated into Blackboard that allows professors to initiate thought-provoking conversations for students to engage in. Utilizing an asynchronous method, discussion boards grant students the ability to collaborate with their peers through the process of posting questions or answers. To fully utilize this key component to a successful learning environment, please follow through the instructions below on the complete process of creating your own discussion board.
Upon logging into Blackboard, follow the steps below:
- Hover your cursor over the add menu item (the small addition symbol on the top left of your screen)
- Once the pop-up opens, click on "Tool Link"
- On the new pop-up, you can now proceed to input your desired name. For all this example we will resort to the standard "Discussion Board"
- Proceed to the "Type:" drop down menu in which you can select "Discussion Board"
- Make sure to select the available to all users button if you would require your students and other members to view or utilize the resource