Exam Features in BetterExaminations
BetterExaminations is an online examination software integrated with UWindsor's directory that automatically syncs all courses and students to the site. The software has a plethora of question types and can serve as an alternative to Blackboard's assessment tool for instructors who are looking for more advanced and customizable questions. This wiki article will cover all feature types in BetterExaminations, how to create them, how to combine features with questions, and important considerations when constructing features.
To access BetterExaminations, go to https://uwindsorca.on.betterexaminations.com/ and it should automatically log you in using the University of Windsor's Single Sign On (SSO).
Alternatively, you can login to Blackboard by going to https://blackboard.uwindsor.ca/ and navigate to your course, then go to Control Panel -> Course Tools -> Better Exams to launch the software in a new browser window.
Creating a Feature
To create a feature in BetterExaminations:
- Click the Create new Question button to start creating a new question.
- Enter a title for the feature.
- You can change the question display properties by clicking on the Settings icon and choose a layout from the available six formats.
- In the details menu, you can set the status of the questions and scoring type.
- Once you have adjusted the questions settings, click “Add new” to open the questions/features menu.
- In the Features tab, you can select a feature type from a list of 9 feature types.
- Select the question you would like to create to launch the question creation window.
To add features from a question bank in BetterExaminations:
- Click the “Add from Question Bank” button to add previously created questions in the course.
- In this menu, you search for a feature by its title or click the down pointing arrow for more filter options, such as by content, type, tags, etc.
- Can also click the Sort button to change the sorting type to by last updated, creation date, and alphabetical.
- To view more results, click the Next button to navigate to additional pages(if applicable).
- Once you have found the features you would like to add, check the box to the left of the feature name to select it.
- When you are done selecting questions, click the Add n Question(s) button (where n is the number of selected questions) to add the selected questions to the exam.
Note: Creating any questions/features in a course will automatically add those questions to the course question bank. Questions/features in the course question bank can be used for future exams in the course.