How To Log In To the Blackboard Mobile App
The Blackboard mobile app is a mobile application developed by Blackboard Inc. to help students stay informed, up-to-date and connected on the go. In the Blackboard mobile app, you can check Announcements, view Course Content, and check your grades using the Marks menu.
To be able to install and run the application, your mobile device needs one of these operating systems:
- iOS 11+
- Android 6+
Installing Blackboard Mobile
To install Blackboard mobile on IOS devices:
- On your device, open the App Store and search Blackboard and select the app titled Blackboard. The application icon should look like this
- Alternatively, you can also click on the following link Link to be redirected to the download page on the App Store.
To install Blackboard mobile on Android devices:
- On your device, open the Google Play Store and search Blackboard and select the app titled Blackboard. The application icon should look like this
- Alternatively, you can also click on the following link Link to be redirected to the download page on the Google Play Store.
Logging In to Blackboard Mobile
To log in to the mobile app, try the following steps:
- Click the Type your school's name field, and enter University of Windsor and select it from the drop-down.
- 2. In the UWINID field, enter your university of Windsor UWINID. This the prefix to your university of Windsor email address. For example, if your university email address is email@example.com, you would enter sample1 in the UWINID field. Do NOT enter the @uwindsor.ca email extension (in this case firstname.lastname@example.org) in this field as it will result in an ERROR.
- 3. In the Password field, enter your university of Windsor Single Sign-on (SSO) password. This password is used across all your accounts at the university of Windsor (Outlook, Blackboard, UWinsite Student).
- 4. Once you are done entering your login information, click Log In and it should log you in.
If you encounter any errors please refer to the next section.
The most common issue students at the university of Windsor face while logging into the Blackboard mobile app is not entering their UWINID correctly. In the UWINID field, you are only required to enter your UWINID and not your UWindsor email address. For example, if your university email address is email@example.com, you would ONLY enter sample1 in the UWINID field and not firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to the images below for more clarity on this error.
For more information on the functionality of the Blackboard mobile app, please refer to the following resources:
- Blackboard help page on a quick start guide for the Blackboard mobile app.
- YouTube Video (2:17) by Blackboard Inc. for a tour of the Blackboard mobile app.
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Students: