Collaborate Connection Error
Sometimes users may be greeted with a “purple wheel” when trying to open a BB Collaborate session. One of the main reasons for this error can be your browsers "Cookie Settings". Steps to enable third-party cookies on Google Chrome and Firefox are provided below.
Enabling Third Party Cookies On Chrome
1.) Click on the Arrow Menu Icon visible at the top right corner of the Chrome page.
2.) On the menu list, click on Settings.
3.) On the new page, find Cookies and other site data and click on it.
5.) Add the URL blackboard.uwindsor.ca and click Add.
Enabling Third Party Cookies On Firefox
1.) On the right side of the Firefox page, click on the drop-down menu.
2.) From the menu, click on Options.
3.) On the new page, find Privacy and Security and click on it.
4.) Under Cookies and Site Data, click on Manage Permissions.
5.) Add the URL blackboard.uwindsor.ca, select Allow and click on Save Changes.
Disable Pop-Up Blocking for Blackboard
Pop ups use new windows and tabs to show material not being displayed on the current page. Pop-ups are disabled on chrome by default, many a times this might prevent one from seeing test/quiz windows or opening some external links.
For Google Chrome
To disable pop-up blocking and allow pop-ups on Chrome, there are two ways to do it. It can either be enabled from the address bar or by going into settings.
To allow pop-ups through settings,
- 1. Open the dropdown menu on the top right side of the Chrome page, this menu can either be denoted by three dots or an orange arrow.
- 2. Once the menu is open, go to settings and click on it.
- 3. On the new page, under the privacy and security tab click on “site settings”.
- 4. On the new page, under the content tab click on “pop-ups and redirects”.
- 5. Next to “allow”, click on the add button.
- 6. In the site name, add blackboard.uwindsor.ca
To disable pop-up blocking and allow pop-ups on Firefox, there are two ways to do it. It can either be enabled from the address bar or by going to the options tab.
To allow pop-ups through options,
- 1. On the right side of the Firefox page, click on the drop-down menu denoted by the three bars
- 2. From the menu, find “options” and click on it
- 3. On the new page find “privacy and security”.
- 4. On the new page find the permissions section and click on “exceptions” in the tab of the block pop-up window
- 5. In the address bar type in blackboard.uwindsor.ca and click save changes.