Guide to Polls in Microsoft Teams
This guide will cover how to create a Poll in Microsoft Teams, how to launch the Poll, and how to extract the results to an Excel sheet. If you are unable to find the information for which you are looking for, please reach out to our helpdesk with a Service Request.
Creating the Poll
- Navigate to the Calendar tab in Teams.
- Find the meeting in which you want to add the poll. Right click on it and select “Chat with participants”. Alternatively, you can also select “Edit”.
- Click on the “+” symbol and select “Forms”
- Click “Save”. This will create a new polls tab
- Click on the polls tab and press the button that says “Create New Poll”
- Now you can create questions and answers and change the settings of the poll.
- Click “Save” to save the poll as a draft. Now you can launch the poll in the meeting at any time.
Launching the Poll
- When you are in the meeting, you can launch the poll by clicking on the Polls pane. Then you can select “Launch” on the poll which you want to display.
- Once you press “Launch”, a window will pop up and you have to press “Submit” to display the poll to everyone in the meeting.
- In the polls pane you will be able to see live results as everyone responds to the questions.
Extracting Results of Poll
- Once you are satisfied with the responses and once you have viewed the results, you can close the poll, export the results to an excel file or you can delete the poll.
- Select "View Options" in the Polls tab.
- Select "Export Results"
- The results will be downloaded on your computer as an Excel file.
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Instructors