Difference between revisions of "Windsorisms"
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
[[Tim's Page3]] <br/>
[[Tim's Page3]] <br/>
[[Tim's page]]<br />
[[Tim's page]]<br />
Revision as of 15:09, 5 June 2019
- 1 Conventions to be Used in this Wiki
- 2 Places to Find Editing Tips
- 3 Places to find Wiki Help and Examples
- 4 Animated GIFS
- 5 Practice Course Template
Conventions to be Used in this Wiki
- Articles and titles within articles are to be done in Title Case.
- Tool Functions, like Submit, will be emphasized with Bold Text
- Try to include a link to either the tool or the function within the tool at least once per topic. Eg. "When you want to migrate materials from CLEW to Blackboard use the CLEW_Import_Tool tool, and follow the onscreen prompts for selections of sites and tools".
Note, just right click on the Table of Contents for the Article which contains the section you want to refer to. Then click Copy Link Location (Firefox). Then in the link you are creating, click Paste. You don't need the entire link, start with two left square brackets, then only the page name followed by the #and_the_rest_of_the_link followed by the Pipe sign | then a space and the text you want to refer to followed by two right square brackets. Click Edit to see the example in this paragraph, and more information on this is found in the Wiki Tutorial. Internal Links.
- Phrases will be put into italics, to clarify messages that appear or steps that someone needs to complete.
- E.g. If you see Course website not available ... your professor either is not using a website for this course or has not yet made his/her course website available to students... If you want to upload another file, select Add Another File and repeat Steps 2 through 5 for each file you would like to upload.
Try where possible, to include the following headings in the documents we are converting. Some may not be appropriate, but hopefully, we can try to develop the contents where possible. The hierarchy of the page follows "==" main headings, "===" subheadings under those main headings, and "====" under the sub-heading topics if necessary.
- Overview or Main Concepts
- How To - specific steps for using the tool
- Issues / Considerations
- Best Practices (if applicable)
- Related Pages
- Templates at bottom
Images and Links
All images are to contain captions, and alt tags. Further, if necessary to position within the article, make use of the "thumb" text and by deafult it floats the image to the left margin, indicate a size by using "px350", and pipe bars between the components. E.g. "[[file:testimage.jpg|350px|alt="Testing Alt Tags"|Testing Alt Tags|right]]" See Media Wiki Help Images article for more information.
All links referred to in text, should contain a helpful contextual description, rather than a "click here" reference. For example "[http://www.anypage.com Anypage article on advanced basketweaving]".
Places to Find Editing Tips
Places to find Wiki Help and Examples
Instructor On Demand Videos
Blackboard Learn: For Instructors: The complete series of short video tutorials to help instructors learn how to use tools, design their courses, and assess students.
Understanding How Course Files How to manage your files in your course more effectively, by understanding how the site is organized, and how to link to materials through the Course Files interface.
Blackboard Learn: On Demand Tutorials: The complete playlist for the entire series of video tutorials for students and instructors.
Quick Hit Video Playlist: A series of very short videos that give an overview to new features in Blackboard Learn.
BlackboardTV on YouTube BlackboardTV is our official YouTube™ channel offering many different types of videos, including the On Demand videos. Some are produced by Blackboard and others are produced by institutions, IT professionals, teachers, and instructional designers. Topics range from a short overview of a new feature to longer recordings of webinars. Use existing playlists that group videos together or create your own.
Top 20 Questions that Need to be Addressed in this Wiki
- How do I log in?
- Where do I find my course?
- How do the students get enrolled?
- What happens when a student drops the course?
- How will I know when a new student is enrolled?
- Where do I go for help - technical, training, teaching, student services?
- How do I get to my student's work?
- Where do I enter grades?
- How do I get an assistant to help me on my course?
- How do I send an announcement to my class?
- Should I use my personal email?
- When do classes start, and how will I know my course is ready?
- How do I make changes to what is in my course?
- How do I upload a file and where is the best place to save it so students can see it?
- How do I put materials into the course so the students don't see, but I need for classes, or until my course site is ready to launch?
- How do I know that there may be students in trouble in the class?
- Where do I find out who has accessed the course or who hasn't?
- What are the deadlines for getting final grades in and how do I do that?
- How do I let the students know about deadlines?
- What do I do about student work that I think might be plagiarized?
Student On Demand Videos
Blackboard Learn: For Students: The complete series of short video tutorials to help students use the various Blackboard Learn tools to be successful online.
Working in Your Course: A playlist to help students learn how to access course content, take tests, turn in assignments, and other course related activities.
Staying Organized and Communicating: A playlist to help students use course tools to communicate and and manage course work.
Practice Course Template
Practice Course site generation for Assessing Learners and Monitoring Student Performance Bb online courses
- Write down the course ID. PC-TEMPLATE-14
- Then go to System Admin panel and to Sandbox Site Generator.
- Fill in the course ID you just made, the destination prefix (ex BBPC-JUL-) and the starting index can be 0 (this is a for loop, adding an index number to each course ID so they are unique). (Update this location with the last number used in each batch - 13)
- The datasource you can set to SANDBOX.
- Course name PC-O-S14 - (uwinid)
- Term would have to be either BB Training
- Node uid is TRAINING
- Paste a comma separated list of all the userids you want to make courses for (from Admin access to CTL Registration page http://cleo.uwindsor.ca/workshops/86/ Pick course -> select Mailing List -> select Show only non-attending registrants link. Ensure user (lorie) is omitted from list
CTL Student LMS Project Assistant Certificate
Building Courses Groupwork Assessments Assessments for StudentsAssessments for InstructorsGrading for InstructorsGrading for StudentsGroupwork for StudentsGroupwork for Instructors Getting Started Blackboard Collaborate Blackboard Collaborate for Students Blackboard Collaborate for Instructors BB Student BB Instructor Communicate&CollaborateGetting Started for StudentsGetting Started for Instructors FAQs-Instructors Template-3rdLevel GA TA:Getting Started University of Austin Texas FAQs Getting Started
FAQ-Getting Started for Instructors or GA/TAs
- How do I get a course site?
- Is there a downloadable pdf quick instructor guide to refer to for common issues?
- Is there a list of videos, which contain materials just to get started with Bb at UWindsor?
- How do I clean up my course list? It is getting huge! (video 4:21)
- Export or Import Between Course sites (video 7:54)
- How do I add TAs or other Instructors to my course?
- How do I use my previous Blackboard site materials in a new course shell?
- How do I make my site available for students?
- Is there a Start of Semester checklist anywhere?
- How do I get an Organization (non-course) site?
- Where do I find some help about Copyright?
- Is there a policy about using digital resources in my course that students have to pay for?
- How do I hide unneeded courses?
- How do I regrade an assignment?
- How do I interpret a SafeAssign report?
- Where can I find examples of the test questions Blackboard offers?
- How do I import publisher questions?
- How do I show/hide grades from my students?
- How do I send (transfer) final grades to UWinsite Student?
- How do I import scantron results?
- What does this green checkmark mean?
- How can I avoid Grade Centre Gaffes, Goof-ups, and Gripes that others have found before me?
- How do I import Scantron files into the Grade Centre
- How do I export from Blackboard to eGrade?
- Is there a quick tip sheet for simple grading scenarios?
- How do I curve grades in Blackboard?
- How do I grade assignment submissions and use the online editor?
- I miss the Download / Upload All function in CLEW! What else is available?
- How do I avoid problems when using Delegated Grading?
- How do I add an extra credit mark into my Grade Centre?
- How do I resolve student issues with Tests?
- How do I upload grades from a spreadsheet?
- Why can't my students see the grades or feedback I left for them?
- How do I access existing graded assignments as I have to regrade one?