Keep an eye on this page for updates to resources during the disruption!
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD ANY LARGE FILES (video, audio, or otherwise) TO BLACKBOARD. For more information please visit our Sharing Large Files Article
Below are links to tops that you might find helpful.
- Having trouble in Blackboard? Submit a Service Request.
- Want to practice using some of Blackboard's tools? When in Blackboard, go to your Courses tab. When in Courses, scroll to the bottom of your courses to the section that says No Term Assigned. You will see a course there called SO-18-19: Blackboard Student Orientation 2019-2020 where you can learn about Blackboard and practice using Tests or Assignments and visit a tutorial on using the Virtual Classroom.
- Online self-help page for instructions on how to use common Blackboard tools.
- The link above will only work if you are logged into Blackboard. A guest link is also available..
- If you are having trouble getting into the session, please make sure you are using Google Chrome,
- Also, please check that you are allowing cookies: enter chrome://settings/content/cookies?search=cookies into your browser.
- Click Add beside Allow (toward the bottom of the screen).
- Then enter "ca-lti.bbcollab.com" and click Add. (This allows your browser to accept cookies and local storage from the Collaborate server. Note: you won't need to restart your browser, but you will need to re-click the Collaborate link).
- If you cannot access BB Cafe, and still need help, submit a ticket at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbhelp and a member of the team will respond as quickly as possible.
Visit our page that provides details on the following:
- Bb Cafe - Virtual Classroom Drop-in : Supported 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Submit a ticket to get customized support
- GATA Support office hours
- Tutorials for using the Virtual Classroom or recording with PowerPoint
- Blackboard (our vendor) has online webinars
- Online-self-paced courses about using various components of Blackboard available for those with an active UWin ID
For all topics related to how the campus is being supporting through the current situation, visit the Unviersity Coronavirus main page. Topics on this site include
- Information for Students
- Resources for Instructors
- Resources for Researchers
- Working Remotely
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Updates for Future Students
- Event and Facility Updates
Deciding and Delivering Remotely
Trying to figure out how to decide what your online assessment(s) might be like for the upcoming exam period? Open this link to access an online assessment pivot flowchart to help you with options and questions to help you figure it out! Topics include:
- Using the virtual classroom
- Using Zoom
- PowerPoint recording
- Putting resources on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Questions about meeting your learning outcomes
- Does it need to be live?
- Do you need to deliver a lecture
- Alternate content and formats
- General Tips
Articles that also relate to the Category:Bb Disruptions to Classes